Marriage Discourses -By Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah)
Westville Masjid, KZN, South Africa (06/20120)
Mufti Ebrahim Desai Saheb commenced the programme by acknowledging that many loyal and dedicated women become victims of irresponsible husbands. He pointed out in the light of Hadeeth that a woman is like a glass, fragile and delicate. She should be handled with care.
Mufti Saheb then highlighted 5 areas of concern:
- Make your husband’s house your home.
- Don’t welcome him with a barrage of complains. The incident about Umm Sulaim (Radi Allahu Anha) was captivating.
- Serve your husband and fulfill his biological needs.
- In an argument one should back down. A string will snap if both sides pull.
- The importance of observing Hijab.
The above points were discussed in much detail with real life incidents.
The lecture concluded with a beautiful marriage recipe and a Dua.