DARUL IFTAA MAHMUDIYYAH – THE LEGACY CONTINUES
The last decade saw a unique institution in Durban, South Africa rise and serve Islam across the four corners of the World. The illustrious Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah was established in 2011 and was a means of approximately 100 Ulama from across the globe graduate as Muftis under the tutelage and guidance of Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah). After serving the Ummah in many different ways as well as establishing many Darul Iftaas around the World through his students, the founder of Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah, our beloved Mufti Ebrahim Desai Sahib has returned to Allah having excelled and giving his all to this global institution.
Before the sad demise of Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Rahimahullah), clear instructions and directives were given by him on the way forward for the Darul Iftaa.
As per Mufti Sahib’s directives, the Iftaa training at Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah has ended. The students have been assisted in their transition to other institutions.
However, the Darul Iftaa has not ceased its operations.
· Mufti Muhammad Hashim Amod (Hafidhahullah) was appointed by Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) before his demise to oversee all matters pertaining to the Darul Iftaa.
· Mashwarah is made with seniors and Shura members and protocols are followed before decisions are taken.
· The Darul Iftaa will continue its many activities including its welfare services, publications, media outreach, and the updates of the Darul Iftaa’s network of websites.
· The Askimam.org website, a special project of Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) was being redesigned, as per his wishes before his demise. The redesigned website will be launched today as a gift to the Ummah from Mufti Sahib and will be preserved as a legacy of Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah).
· The global humanitarian aid projects of One Humanity Foundation created under the auspices of Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) which primarily operates in Malawi and South Africa will continue as per his directives. This was a very dear project of Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) and the last foreign trip undertaken by Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) was to Malawi, where he spoke about the special importance of this project.
· With the grace of Allah Ta’ala, we are pleased to announce a new project which Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) himself initiated prior to his demise that primarily aims at Da’wah and empowering the local, indigenous Muslims of South Africa. We hope to bring this project to fruition and will keep the public informed once the project is launched.
· Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) built a legacy and left behind a group of elite and eminently qualified students to serve the Ummah. The following are the affiliates of Mufti Sahib’s students globally which were supervised by Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) personally. It was his wish and directive that the Ummah take benefit from them. (Darul Iftaa affiliates)
· Similarly, Darulmahmood.net and Idealwoman.org will continue to host the teachings and Islaahi advices of Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah).
· Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) had granted a select few of his students with Khilafah (positions of spiritual succession), who can be engaged on matters of Islaah: (Mufti Sahibs Khulafa)
· The Darul lftaa premises is currently undergoing renovations and maintenance, and will thereafter be utilized for Deeni activities and services as per Mashwarah InshaAllah.
Finally, we would like to express our heartfelt sincerest gratitude and thank the public and all the well-wishers for all their support to Mufti Sahib (Rahimahullah) and the Darul Iftaa.We request your continued Duas and generous kind support in all ways for the Darul Iftaa and its various ongoing activities presently and in future InshaAllah.
Shura – Darul Iftaa Mahmudiyyah
10 Muharram 1443 | 19 August 2021