What Du’aas can I recite to attain Barakah in my business?
In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.
As-salāmu ‘alaykum wa-rahmatullāhi wa-barakātuh.
You may read the following Du’aas to attain Barakah in your business:
1. Transliteration: “Allahuma Athina Fid dunya Hasanah wa fil aakhirati hasanah wa Qina adhaaban naar”
Translation: “Oh Allah! Grant us goodness in this world and goodness in the Hereafter and protect us from the punishment of the Hellfire” (Bukhari, #6389, Muslim, # 2690)
2. Transliteration: “Laa Ilaha Illa anta subhanaka inny kuntu minaz zaalimeen”
Translation: “There is no deity besides you, you are glorified, indeed I am from the oppressed”
This is the Du’aa that Hadhrat Yunus (Alayhi al- Salam) had made while he was in the belly of the whale. Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said that this is such a Du’aa that no Muslim person recites it except that Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) will accept his Du’aa. (Tirmidhi, # 3500, Mustadrak lil Hakim, Vol.1, Pg.505, Al- Adhkaar, Pg. 196)
3. Transliteration: “Allahumakfini bi halalika an haramika waghnini bi fadhlika amman siwake”
Translation: “Oh Allah! Suffice me with Halaal from Haram and make me independent from anyone besides you” ( Tirmidhi, # Vol 2, Pg. 196, Masnoon Du’aae, Pg.72, Dar al- Islam Bardoli)
4. Transliteration: “ Tawwakkaltu alal hayyillazi la yamootu alhamdulillahillazi lam yatthakhiz walada walam yakun lahu sharrekun filmulki walam yakun lahu waliyyun minazzulli wa kabbirhu takbeera”
Translation: “ I have placed my trust on the everlasting, all praise is due to Allah who has not taken any child, does not have any partner in his kingdom and he does not have any subjugated guardian/manager and exalt him greatly” ( Ma’arif al- Qur’an, Vol.5, Pg.543, Masnoon Du’aae, Pg.72-73, Dar al- Islam Bardoli)
5. Read the Tasbeeh Fathimi that Rasullullah (Sallallahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) taught Hadhrat A’isha (Radhiyallahu Anha). The Tasbeeh Fathimi is as follows:
1. Subhanallah (33 times)
2. Allahu Akbar (33 times)
3. Alhamdulillah (34 times)
6. Transliteration: “Laailaha ilallahul malikul haqqul mubeen”
If one recites this Du’aa 100 times, one will become wealthy. (Kanz al- Ummal, # 2896, Vol.2,Pg. 233, Masnoon Du’aae, Pg. 73, Dar al- Islam Bardoli)
Duaa is the weapon of the believer, implore Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta’ala) to fulfil all your needs and alleviate you from all your predicaments/difficulties.
In addition to the above, one should fulfil all the etiquette of Du’aa, fulfil the rights of others, abstain from sins, and make sure that one’s business is Shariah Compliant.
And Allah Ta’āla Knows Best
Checked and Approved by,
Mufti Ebrahim Desai.